About the Mental Health Zone

If someone needs a mental health service, they are usually referred by their GP to the one they require. Some allow people to refer themselves, such as for drug or alcohol problems. Services are usually made up of multidisciplinary teams — for example the Child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS) includes psychiatrists, social workers, nurses, occupational therapists and more. Healthcare workers in this area need to build effective relationships with people who use mental health services, and also with their relatives and carers.

View all answered questions