Who’s taking part in the Mental Health Zone

I’m a Medic, Get me out of here is back! Between the 21st January and 8th February students from 13 schools will be chatting with healthcare workers in the Mental Health Zone.

For the latest news and announcements about the event, find us on Twitter, @imamedic_uk, and follow the hashtag, #IAMUK.

The Mental Health Zone is supported by NHS Health Education England

Photos of the healthcare workers taking part in the Mental Health Zone

Psychiatry Ward Team | Healthcare Team in Sheffield

Our team consists of two nurses and two doctors, and we all work within the Inpatient psychiatric wards in Sheffield, which is where the most mentally unwell patients are looked after.

Neel Halder | Consultant Psychiatrist and Senior Honorary Lecturer at Manchester University

I am a consultant psychiatrist with experience in both the NHS and private sectors. I am due to start a new post as a clinical director in a brain injury and autism unit.

Mayura Deshpande | Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist, Bluebird House

I’m a psychiatrist in Southern Health, interested in philosophy, ethics, and the human condition.

Home Treatment Team | Healthcare Team in Southwark

We are a Mental Health team who work intensively with people who are experiencing a mental health crisis, offering them an alternative to hospital admission.

Ed Freshwater | Community Mental Health Nurse, Perinatal Mental Health Service

I’m a Registered Nurse (Mental Health) or RNMH. I work in a community post with the Perinatal Mental Health Service in Birmingham – I do assessments and interventions for new and expectant mothers who are experiencing a mental illness.

Early Intervention Team | Healthcare Team in the South of England

The Early Intervention in Psychosis (EIP) team is a group of health and social care workers who work with individuals and their families to treat psychosis – a serious mental illness which affects 1-3 people out of a 100. In this team is Dawn, a mom and carer sharing her life experience of caring for a family member with psychosis, and Sarah, a mental health nurse working as a senior programme manager supporting mental health trusts.

Arts Therapy Team | Healthcare Team of Art Psychotherapists

Art Psychotherapists use art (in all its forms) and psychotherapy (the unconscious mind) to help people to understand the way they think and feel. We are interested in art as an unconscious communication tool. In this team is Mandy, arts therapist; Cat, music therapist; Richard, art therapist and manager; and Claire, an art psychotherapist.

Annabel Butcher | Head of Medical Staffing and Corporate HR, Central and Northwest London NHS Foundation Trust

I’m a Head of HR in mental health and communities Trust with a specialist interest in Medical Staffing (HR for doctors).

The Schools

• St Anne’s Roman Catholic High School, Stockport, Stockport
  • The Wellington Academy, Ludgershall
  • John F Kennedy Catholic School, Hemel Hempstead
  • The Ruth Gorse Academy, Leeds
  • The Deanery Church of England High School and Sixth Form College, Wigan
  • Blacon High School, A Specialist Sports College, Chester
  • The Elton High School, Bury
  • St Mary’s Catholic High School, Croydon
  • Overton Grange School, Sutton
  • Broadoak Mathematics and Computing College, Weston-super-Mare
  • Bexleyheath Academy, Bexleyheath
  • Somervale School Specialist Media Arts College, Radstock
  • St Ambrose Barlow RC High School, Manchester
Posted on January 17, 2019 by modamy in News. Leave a comment